Creating a Survey
- In the Control Panel, open the Survey tab.
- Click the blue "+" icon and select New Survey. The Survey Configuration window will be displayed.
- Type a Name for the new survey.
- The Units for the survey will automatically be set to the project units/CRS (see Configure a Project).
There are two ways to define a new survey:
- Origin & Bin Size Definition — Input the coordinates of an origin point in Inline, Crossline, X and Y. Then, define the Azimuth (IL direction), the direction in which the IL increases and the spacing of the IL/CL. The survey will be generated by projecting out from the origin in the direction and spacing specified. Note: Insight references azimuth values to North.
- 3 Tie Points — Alternatively, you can also define 3 tie points in IL, CL, X and Y. The survey will be generated from the relationship between IL/CL and X/Y, and large enough to cover all three tie points. The 4th point is automatically calculated.
- Check for any warnings or errors, and QC the survey from the view panel on the right.
- Click OK to generate the survey. The new survey will appear in the Survey tab.
To configure a survey that was created using this method, simply double click on the survey in the Control Panel.