Troubleshooting: Verifying Petrel Link
Question: I have downloaded the Petrel Link module from DUG's website and ran the installation. The installation was successful, but I cannot find it on my desktop or the Start menu! Where is it and how do I know it is there?
Answer: Installation of the Petrel Link module will not create a desktop or Start menu shortcut. It is not a software by itself, but a module inside Petrel. Verification of successful installation can be done through Petrel's plug-in manager or by checking the Petrel directory in your local disk.
Verify from Petrel
For Petrel 2014 and later:
- Open the File menu.
- Select Options and click on Plugin Manager.
For Petrel 2013 and earlier:
- In Petrel, open the Help menu.
- Click on Ocean Plug-in Manager.
- In Ocean Plug-in Manager, verify that the DUG Insight Link is in the list of plug-ins.
Click on DUG Insight Link to expand and view more information about the plug-in.
- Check the release date matches the Insight release you are currently using. The link will NOT work if the two builds are not the same.
- Make sure there is a green tick at the top right of the plug-in that lets you know that there are no problems with the plug-in.
Note: DUG Insight version numbers are set according the date it was released (year/month/day/version control) e.g. Insight version "702160" was released on the February 16, 2017.
Checking the Petrel Directory
- Use Windows Explorer and browse to C:\Program Files\Schlumberger\Petrel [version]\Extensions.
- The DUG Insight Link_0.0.1.0 folder is copied and installed here.