Real-time conversion of time/depth slice is possible in Insight. As a prerequisite for this conversion, you need to have a velocity volume loaded (see Importing a Volume).
The following sections will guide you to select and configure the velocity volume to be used for time/depth conversion in the project. With all these being set up, Insight will be able to convert your data between the time and depth slices on-the-fly in all the different views.
Configure time/depth conversion
- In the Control Panel, go to the File menu.
- Click Configure Time/Depth Conversion.
Select the velocity volume for time/depth conversion
- In the Configure Time/Depth Conversion window, select the velocity volume to be used in the time/depth conversion at Velocity Volume. Both 2D and 3D velocity volumes can be used for time/depth conversion (see Importing a Volume).
- At Velocity Type, select the type of the velocity volume to be used for conversion between time and depth.
- At Velocity Units, select the velocity volume unit in m/s or ft/s for the velocity volume type that you have defined. This applies to interval, RMS and average velocities. For Time/Depth velocity, you can select m or ft. This feature allows you to override the unit of velocity data, which by default is set to metric values.
Tip: For stacking velocities, you should select Velocity (RMS) as the class for the velocity volume. In this instance, the velocity volume type should be selected as RMS Velocity.
Once you have defined all these settings, Insight will perform real-time conversion of time/depth as you switch between the two horizontal slices in all the views. See the following example in the IL/CL View: