Creating a Polygon
Polygons can be created in two ways, either from the Polygon tab in the Control Panel or directly from each view.
Create a new polygon from Control Panel
- In the Control Panel, open the Polygon tab.
- At the tab header, click the blue "+" icon and select New polygon or New Fault Polygon (see Using Fault Polygons).
- Type the name of the new polygon and click OK.
- A new polygon will be added to the Polygon tree.
- Click the pencil icon and begin picking the polygon in the Map View, 3D View or any section views (i.e. IL/CL View, Arbline View).
- After a polygon point is placed, details will be updated with the Location.
- Choose a Horizon to draw the polygon at the horizon in 3D view.
- Choose the Line settings for the polygon.
- Check the Fill box to fill the polygon and choose a colour.
- Enable Show points in table to show the polygon point coordinates.
- Select a Survey to display polygon point coordinates in the corresponding survey IL/CL.
Create a polygon in a view
- Open any View in Insight.
Right click anywhere in the view and select Create new polygon.
- A new polygon is created in the Polygon tab.
- Editing mode is automatically enabled.
- Left click to add points (See Editing a Polygon).
- Press ESC or double-click to stop.
- To adjust the display settings, select the polygon in the Polygon tab of the Control Panel.