Insight is DownUnder GeoSolutions’ (DUG) premier solution for visualisation, modelling and analysis of seismic data. It includes 2D, 3D and gather seismic interpretation, rock-physics-guided stratigraphic interpretation, visualisation, processing and synthetics — with a modern and intuitive user interface.
Key features of Insight
- Multiple 2D and 3D surveys in a single workspace
- 3D display window for enhanced visualisation
- Automatic horizon propagation and manual picking
- Fault picking and tessellation
- Well cross-sections in 2D and 3D
- Rock-physics-guided stratigraphic interpretation
- Pre-stack data visualisation and interpretation, including multiple-gather and common-offset displays, RMO picking, real-time muting and stacking
- Unique visualisation specifically for spectral decomposition data
- 2D, 3D, and gather amplitude extraction along horizons
- Real-time conversion across time/depth/stratigraphically flattened space
- Cross-plotting of volume, horizon and well attributes
- Built-in screen capturing
- Ability to work simultaneously with multiple data volumes at different horizontal and vertical sampling rates
- Interactive 3D modelling
- Body detection and whole-volume 3D visualisation with variable opacity
- Volume manipulation tools such as sculpting, decimation and user-defined functions
- Volume attributes such as intercept/gradient, dips, edges, AVA stack rotations (EEI equivalent) and spectral decomposition
- Interactive, multi-angle synthetics generation with quality-control tools
- A suite of simple and intuitive mapping tools
- Support for 32- and 64-bit versions of Windows (XP and newer), Mac OS X (10.7 and newer) and Linux.
Getting started with Insight
To begin your journey with Insight, check out our Installation and Requirements chapter.
Watch our Inside Insight videos to learn insightful essentials, and discover hundreds of fantastic tips and tricks.
If you are worried about using your own data, we recommend Using Sample Data to get a first-hand experience to the many features that Insight provides.