Downloading and Installing SQL Server Management Studio Express
If you have a manual project, or your database is not auto-attaching, try Manually Attaching Kingdom SQL Database. To do that, you will need to Download and Install Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express.
Note: SQL Server Express has backward compatibility issues. Kingdom over the past few years have updated their version of SQL Server Express. Once a Kingdom database has been opened in a more recent version of Kingdom the database is no longer compatible with older versions of SQL Server Express. This can be resolved by upgrading your SQL version to SQL Server Express 2014. If returning the original Kingdom project to your customer, make a copy of the Kingdom project before connecting to DUG-Insight. If you're unsure please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guide to Kingdom and SQL versions:
- Kingdom 2018 requires SQL Server Express 2014
- Kingdom 2016 requires SQL Server Express 2008 R2 or SQL Server Express 2012
- Kingdom 2015 requires SQL Server Express 2008 R2
Downloading SQL Server Management Studio Express
- From your desktop, open your preferred browser.
- Go to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ssms/download-sql-server-management-studio-ssms
- Click Download SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and the download should automatically start.
Installing SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Right-click on the .exe file that you have downloaded from the website and select Run as administrator.
- Click Yes if the User Account Control window appears.
- Type or Change the directory location to extract the installation files.
- Click Install and the files will be copied to the selected folder.
- When the installation is completed, you might need to Restart your computer, otherwise click Close.