How do I display a horizon with its contours in 3D View?
Contours are generated in the Map View (see Contouring in Map View). We can simulate contours in 3D View by creating pseudo-contours.
- Change the class of the Horizon Copy to the new class (PseudoContours).
- Turn on both horizons as surfaces in the 3D View.
- The copied horizon’s banded colourbar is largely transparent, you can still see the original horizon, but with the discrete black lines overlaid.
- Manually adjust the min/max cut-off values of the copy so that the black lines fall on exact values. The colourbar will be divided into 10 bands between the min and max values.
- For example, in the following image, the difference between the min and max values is 500, so every 50 will be black lines (interval = 50).