Full Volume Non-Parabolic RMO Picking
You can enable the picking mode to delete and add picks in the Gather View. In addition, you can also see a preview of the new picks.
- Configure full volume non-parabolic RMO picking
- Define settings for full volume non-parabolic RMO picking
- Edit non-parabolic RMO picks
Available in: Image Gather Processing module
Configure full volume non-parabolic RMO picking
- In the Control Panel, open the Imaging tab.
- At the tab header, click the Add icon and select New Episode to configure a new episode of RMO picking if you have yet to create a new episode to store your RMO Picks. Follow the steps in "Create episode" in Horizon-based RMO Picking.
- In the Imaging tab, select the episode which you want to create new RMO picks.
- Go to the Details Panel, click New RMO Picks. The Configure RMO Picking window will be displayed.
- Alternatively, click the Add icon in the Imaging tab, and select New RMO. Select the episode in which you want to pick the RMO and click Select. The Configure RMO Picking window will be displayed.
- At RMO Name, type a name for the RMO picks.
- Select the Shared check box if you want to make the RMO picks visible to other users.
- Select the Gather type and gather volume to be used for the RMO picking at Offset Gathers. Both 2D and 3D gathers are supported in RMO picking. For 2D gather, only CMP gather can be selected for RMO picking.
- At Type, select Full volume non-parabolic RMO picking.
- Click OK to confirm the RMO picking configurations. A new RMO item will be available as part of the episode in the Imaging tree.
Define settings for full volume non-parabolic RMO picking
- Click to select the RMO item in the Imaging tree to open the Details Panel.
- In the Picking section, you can define the processing parameters.
- At Azimuth (degrees), type the azimuth degree to be used in the RMO picking. This is mandatory.
- If you have picked the inner and/or outer mutes (see Manually Picking a Mute and Creating an Angle Mute), select this at Inner Mute and Outer Mute to include muting in the RMO picking.
- At Top Horizon and Base Horizon, select to use a Constant or Horizon, or both, to constrain the RMO picking. Leave these blank if you want to pick on the full volume.
- At Constrain to area, select a polygon/probe to constrain the picking within the polygon/probe area.
- Select the event type snapping option at Event type. Available options include Positive Event, Negative Event and Positive and Negative Events. The third option allows the propagator to pick on both the positive and negative events in one pass.
- Define the Spacing at surface value. This is the minimum pick spacing on the surface.
- The Spreading with depth value controls how much the minimum vertical spacing between the picks increases as depth increases. A value of 1.0 means the spacing will be the same as the value set at Spacing at surface. Meanwhile, a value of 1.1 means that the spacing will increase by a factor of 1.1 every km below the surface. For example, if you set Spacing at surface at 500 m and Spreading with depth at 1.1, the spacing at 1000 m deep will be at least 550 m. In general, the formula is: Spacing at z = Spacing at surface * [1 + (Spreading with depth - 1) * z/1000].
- At Avoid horizon picks (ms), type the distance above (left box) and distance below (right box) for the picker to look for other horizon-based picks that had already been made in the episode and avoids picking in the vicinity of those horizons. By default, this is set at 50 ms (or 50 m) above and 150 ms (or 150 m) below.
- You can change other picking parameters if necessary.
- At Pick, click Current gather to pick on the current location on the gather, Visible gathers for all visible gathers (if you are displaying multiple gathers in the Gather View), or Entire volume to pick on all the locations in the gather volume. During picking, a progress bar with the estimated processing time will be displayed.
The following example shows non-parabolic RMO picking in the Gather View:
Edit non-parabolic RMO picks
- In the Control Panel, open the Imaging tab.
- Select the non-parabolic RMO item that you want to edit the picks.
- Click the pencil icon to enable the picking mode.
- In the Gather View, click to place a new pick based on the parameters you have defined. You can see a preview of the new pick before you place it by hovering over a location in the view.
- To delete a pick, right-click the pick in the view.
- Click the pencil icon again to stop picking the item.